Best Gamification Marketing Campaign 2018
5 Star – Ek Alag Style Se Kho Jao
Cadbury 5Star has always focused on creating an experience for its consumers with the campaign “Ek Alag Level Pe Kho Jao” Cadbury aimed to elevate consumer’s experiences
1. Drive High Brand Awareness for The Product Through Use of Innovation & Technology using mobile devices.
2. Personalize the experience for consumers.
1. The challenge was in building a personalised experience for each user.
1. Chocolate markets has been witnessing a strong CAGR growth.
2. Clearly, the demand exists across occasions.
3. Tapping this market would result in higher adoption of Cadbury’s 5 Star.
Their analysis revealed that the TG is highly active, on mobile devices and spends a good amount gaming.
Solution & Innovation:
1.To create a high brand awareness, they reformed the gaming elements of the game “Motocorss” to customize the experience for each user.
2. They build an immersive, engaging experience for users within the game.
The campaign was measured based on:
1. The increase and number of sessions created for the game.
2. The duration of connect with the branding elements “”AD EXPOSURE”” – Viewability rate + Share Of Voice.
3. Increase in games played attributed to new experience created for users.
The campaign was very innovative in its use of technical integrations in an app campaign to engage consumers and create brand awareness
Technical innovations were done with a key focus on:
1. 100% Viewability rate
2. 100% Share of voice
Campaign Execution Using Technology Intervention:
1. Using technological interventions, they created a one of its kind IN GAME CUSTOMIZATION to help consumers have a PERSONALIZED experience.
2. The game was customized for each user.
3. The game had different surprise elements for each user.
4. This created a unique experience for each user.
5. Unlike other advertising modes, here, the SHARE OF VOICE was 100% for 5STAR.
6. Also, VIEWABIITY RATE was 100% as users connected with the elements of the brand throughout the game.
1. The entire budget was focused on mobile implementation.
2. The technological modifications ensured cross device adoption which users across devices could experience.
1. The campaign helped Cadbury 5Star to move from just RELATING with the brand to BUILDING an immersive engaging experience.
2. The brand’s message “Ek Alag Level Pe Kho Jao” became synonymous with 5Star for consumers.
The campaign was highly successful in meeting the client’s business objectives:
1. 2.3+ Million Game Sessions were created, with an increase of 21% compared to sessions before the implementation.
2. Brand Connect
100% VIEWABILITY RATE and 100% SHARE OF VOICE as 5Star’s connect with the audience persisted throughout the game.
3. Brand Engagement
With immersive experience for each user created within the game, game played per user increased by more than 17%.
a. The campaign helped Cadbury 5Star to move from just RELATING with the brand to BUILDING an immersive engaging experience.
b. The brand’s message “Ek Alag Level Pe Kho Jao” became synonymous with 5Star for consumers.
To view the campaign video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-b97gD_0sA&t=1s
If you, too, have executed exemplary campaigns in the last year, go ahead and submit your nominations for the Industry Awards. Visit our Events section for details on our upcoming Awards and Conferences.